What is Supported Independent Living?
This NDIS program is a way of providing assisted living services to people with significant disabilities in the comfort of a home environment. It helps them to be independent to get the things they need to live while providing the necessary support to live comfortably. This program is best suited for individuals with permanent disabilities who require assistance to live their lives more productively.
SIL houses are staffed by specially trained professionals who provide help in day-to-day tasks, including accompaniment during transportation, medication management, grocery shopping and other errands, along with personal care needs at home. They can also access social activities and training programs that facilitate independent living skills such as budgeting, home management, interacting with public authorities and other individuals around, etc.
Why Opt for SIL Accommodation Services in Lynbrook?
Long-term independent living can be a very rewarding experience for those who are able to receive the appropriate level of assistance. NDIS’ supported independent living gives a person with a disability access to a suite of services, allowing them to live independently. These include assistance with basic needs such as household chores, grocery shopping, and managing finances. The participants receive help in accessing medical care and social programs along with great companionship from qualified staff members.
All of these services are designed to meet the individual’s specific needs while also preventing them from needing long-term resident care. The goal is for individuals to gradually take on more responsibilities over time and eventually become fully self-sufficient. With Josh Care’s SIL accommodation services, people with disabilities will get to experience:
- 24/7 efficient and compassionate care
- Fun and exciting skills enhancement activities
- Tailor-made daily routines plan
- Special diet and meal plans designed to meet specific needs
- A better and safer home environment with extra support whenever necessary
- Specialised support in accessing community resources and socialising with others
Let Our Friendly Carers Help You With Your Independent Needs
At Josh Care, we pride ourselves on offering our clients with the best independent living services. Our team of rigorously trained support staff is dedicated to providing a safe, comfortable, and stimulating environment. We offer various services, including assisted living, dementia care, home health aides/companionship care, and respite care for families who need relief from caring for loved ones with permanent disabilities at home.
Our SIL NDIS team is fully accredited by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to render you the disability services you deserve. Here are a few reasons why we are the right choice for one’s support needs:
- Experience: We have years of experience tools and knowledge for working with clients to help them achieve their goals.
- Extensive service range: There is a wide range of services that we offer so that participants can choose the level of support that works best for their needs.
- Trained professionals: Our specialists are trained in providing services under the NDIS, which means they know how to prepare a plan and keep it on track.
- Fully-equipped facility: We have safe, comfortable, and homey facilities armed with all the necessary equipment to cater to a person’s unique needs.
- Availability of support: Individuals can talk to our expert staff any time of the day, including evenings and weekends.
For more information regarding our services in Lynbrook, Melbourne, you can call us on 03 9835 1923 or email us at email@example.com. We are reliable supported independent living service provider in Melbourne including Doncaster, Balwyn and Mount Waverley.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question as the cost varies from one provider to another, considering the participant’s needs and other factors. Depending on your condition and the type of service you require, the plan manager can inform you about the budget and funding from NDIS.
In a SIL environment, you will likely share your space with two to seven other residents depending on your needs and preferences. Normally, you would be grouped with individuals who share the same disabilities as you. However, you do not need to worry, you will have your own tailored plan designed according to your requirements. This is to ensure that you get the best possible care while allowing you to communicate and bond with like-minded people.
Yes! Your friends and family are welcome to visit you at your SIL house. Just make sure to inform our staff beforehand, especially if you plan to invite many people in, so we can ensure that everyone will be comfortable during that period of time.